CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ready for a Big Girl Bed!






Ok...so, it is just about time for Kenzie to get her new big girl bed.  We ordered her bed from Pottery Barn Teen and they said 3 - 6 weeks for delivery.  Then a week later we got a call saying it had shipped!  I got a little sad that she is, in fact, going to be in a big girl bed starting in just a few weeks. Feeling a little bit sad about the whole thing, I decided that we ought to take some pictures of Kenzie playing in her crib.  I love her crib.  I love everything about seeing her in that crib...the one that used to be Gavin's.  Now Gavin is 5 1/2 and Mackenzie is 2 1/2.  Where has the time gone?  I am going to miss that crib, and I will probably shed a few tears when we take it down.  Not only will Kenzie be in her Big Girl bed, but it will be the end the baby years... there will not be another little baby in that crib...well, not until I am a grandmother.  I plan to keep it for the next 25 years!!!!  So, I guess there is some light at the end of the tunnel....a 25 year tunnel!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Awwww mel I feel ya hon.. I am going to be changing Brooke by her third birthday.. I love her crib too... Call me and we'll cry together...

Julie McRedmond said...

I remember that day with Hudson. I was dead set on him staying in the crib until 3 and then at 2 I just decided to move him. Never an easy thing and I shed some tears too. Good luck.

Julie McRedmond said...

I remember that day with Hudson. I was dead set on him staying in the crib until 3 and then at 2 I just decided to move him. Never an easy thing and I shed some tears too. Good luck.